Mechanical Engineer at Shuttleworth LLC
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Huntington, Indiana
Shuttleworth, based in Huntington, IN, provides integrated product handling solutions using innovative technology and experienced problem-solving specialists to increase line efficiency, maximize profitability and minimize risk. Shuttleworth serves a variety of markets including automotive, consumer, electronics, food, health & beauty, industrial, medical, paper conversion, paper printing & binding, pharmaceutical and solar energy. Shuttleworth is a division of Pro Mach, a leading provider of integrated packaging and processing solutions for over 20,000 customers worldwide. Through multiple brands, Pro Mach provides product packaging and processing equipment, PMMI certified training, installation, parts, and service for primary and secondary packaging, flexible packaging, end-of-line packaging, and identification and tracking. For more information on Pro Mach’s brands visit www.ProMachBrands.com.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer.
- Researches, plans, and designs mechanical and electromechanical products and systems, directs and coordinates activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical or electromechanical products and systems by performing the following duties.
- Functional Time would include breaks as written within the company policy annual, entering time worked, time sheet, daily tasks, etc.
- Create a functional concept for mechanism defining exactly what the mechanism is required to do, determining the expected loads and speeds, selecting the main purchased parts, planning the framework and mounting hardware, producing an accurate, scalable drawing for the next step.
- Create detail drawings for unique parts producing all drawings required by the fabrication department or an outside vendor to manufacture components of our systems. This requires selecting materials and finishes, assigning tolerances, etc.
- Produce a bill of materials creating item numbers and descriptions in Syteline, calculating quantities and assigning raw materials to manufactured items, then arranging all items for a project into a logical series of sub-assemblies.
- Resolve problems during fabrication and/or assembly, anything from clarifying a drawing to redesigning parts that don't fit or can't be assembled. This also includes processing late changes from the customer and evaluating suggestions for improvements.
- Select components for standard conveyors selecting bills of material to get the correct length, width, pitch, frame style, rollers, bushings, belts, etc. Also some standard items such as legs and drive mounts.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four year college or university or technical school
- One to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- AutoCad and mechanical design experience helpful
- 3D CAD package experience (Solidworks or Inventor) would be an advantage
- Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Approximately 10-20% travel is required.
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits – you are eligible on your first day of employment.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach complies with all states mandating the use of E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
- 1 - 2 years: AutoCad and mechanical design experience
- 1 - 2 years: Related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelors or better in Engineering
- Solid Works
- Blueprint Reading
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
See job description