HiTS Grant Manager at Harvard University
Posted in Professional Services 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Boston, MassachusettsJob Description:
Duties & Responsibilities
The HiTS Grant Manager (GM) is a member of the HiTS Administrative team, reporting to the Senior Manager of Administration and Finance. The Admin team's mission is to provide the HiTS community with exceptional human resource, finance, and administration services while ensuring compliance with all applicable federal, sponsor, and University guidelines.
The Grant Manager will be responsible for the pre and post award fiduciary responsibilities of their assigned portfolio of sponsored research funding and other accounts.
Specifically, the Grant Manager's duties and responsibilities include:
- HiTS brings together researchers from across the Harvard Schools, the affiliated hospitals, and other regional institutions. This is done, in part, through complex program awards with many part of accounts across the University, billing agreements with hospital affiliates, and subcontractors. This role supports the submission of grants by HiTS Principle Investigators and the oversight of existing sponsored awards.
- Specific duties will include preparing financial projections by reviewing current financial status, forecasting future financial scenarios and suggesting alternative spending plans; authorizing payments for expenditures; maintaining accounting records and reconciliations; and updating financial databases for grants and fellowships.
- Reconciles financial reports, reviews for accuracy, identifies problems and initiates or recommends remedial action and prepares monthly financial reports.
- Develops budgets for grant applications and completes pre-award requirements. In order to improve our financial forecasting and budgeting process, HiTS has implemented a software tool, Adaptive Insights, to facilitate the financial management and reporting of our data. Use of this system has streamlined the work of projections and reconciliation for grants managers, and is required in this role.
- Ensures compliance with granting agency and university guidelines by advising faculty and staff on policies and procedures that pertain to travel, reimbursements, and visa information.
- Approves purchase orders, payment requests, and travel reimbursements.
- Performs related job duties as required.
- All applications must include a cover letter detailing your interest in the role and the relevance of your skills.
Two to three years of grants or related experience.
- Bachelor degree in Finance or related field preferred. Experience with Harvard financial and grant systems strongly preferred. NIH experience a plus.
- Must be able to take initiative and have the ability to multi-task and move easily among varied work projects. Must be highly organized and extremely detail oriented. Must be able to work as part of a team, as well as to work independently. This role requires seeing tasks to completion in a timely manner.
- HiTS specifically recruits candidates who are life-long learners with a strong desire to contribute to the program's goal of realizing precision medicine. Grant managers are expected to take the Harvard REACH training for sponsored research administration, and to engage in other professional development activities like LEAN certification and risk management. The small team thrives on tackling new challenges and providing the best support possible to HiTS PIs, even when the grant mechanism or program is new to the grant manager. Enthusiastic self-starters thrive in this high performance environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.