Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Elgin, Illinois
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Business Group Overview
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) is comprised of two business segments:
Connectors, Grounding & Tooling and Harsh & Hazardous provides solutions for utility, telecom, oil & gas, renewable and commercial & industrial markets.
Harsh & Hazardous provides products and services to meet the extreme conditions found in the oil & gas, mining and heavy industrial sectors. This division also supplies industrial and explosion-proof fittings, enclosures and controls, off-shore cable connections, and explosion-proof lighting. Within Harsh & Hazardous, Hubbell offers Communication solutions for standard and highly customized telecom and datacom equipment for communications in harsh environments, safety and monitoring applications.
Advance Engineering Corporation is a national leader in providing the Natural Gas Industry market with fabricated meter sets and piping. Our 75 plus years of experience and 130,000 square feet of manufacturing and storage makes us one of the largest in the industries we service.
Responsible for all aspects of the general accounting function including accounting, financial reporting and internal controls / SOX compliance. Also, responsible for some cost accounting & financial planning and analysis tasks as required.
* Routine GL account analysis
* Month end journal entries
* Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
* Hyperion financial data upload & validation (actual, forecasts, budgets)
* P&L & Balance Sheet flux analysis
* Segregation of duties testing
* Enter company transaction accounting / reconciliation
* Fixed asset accounting
* Sales and use tax reporting
* Signature authority matrix maintenance
* SOX self-testing (twice annually)
* Annual corporate tax package preparation
* Annual SOX narrative review/updates
* Coordination of audit support (internal & external audits)
* Annual physical inventory support
* Standard cost roll support
* Preparation of warranty and excess/obsolete inventory analysis
* Preparation of monthly plant & product line income statements
* Annual spending budget; process coordination
* Ad hoc analysis as assigned
* Must be able to work outside of regular hours on occasion (month-end, physical inventory, year-end)
* Must be able to multi-task and work toward multiple deadlines concurrently
* Must be able to frequently visit/work in a manufacturing facility
* 4 year accounting degree preferred
* 5+ years general accounting experience with a publicly traded manufacturing company
* Some cost accounting experience
* Experience preparing balance sheet account reconciliations
* Experience with SOX compliance/internal controls maintenance & testing
* Experience (Intermediate to Advanced) with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Experience working in an ERP system (Experience with SAP and/or multiple areas of a system is a plus)
* Willingness to visit/work in a manufacturing facility
* Public accounting experiences a plus
* Significant cost accounting experiences a plus
* CPA, CMA, Master's Degree a plus
* Experience with foreign currency translation a plus
* Experience with financial statement consolidations & intercompany balancing a plus
* Experience with Hyperion (or other web-based financial consolidation) software a plus
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.