Director, Corporate and Strategic Finance at Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Posted in Professional Services 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Boston, MassachusettsJob Description:
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Alexion is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Req ID: 11779
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Location: Boston, MA
Posting Date: February 7, 2018
Attention: If you are a current Alexion employee, please apply via Alexion's internal Life & Career portal. Note that you will need to be connected to the VPN if you are applying away from the office.
Alexion does not contact candidates via instant messaging or chat tools. At no time will we ask candidates for fees associated with obtaining software, nor do we provide employees with a cashier's check to purchase new equipment. If you are contacted in this manner, please be aware that it is fraudulent, and please do not provide any information or money to these individuals. Applicants should only apply through this Alexion website. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to GSOC@alexion.com
The Director, Corporate & Strategic Finance is the primary business partner to the Strategy and Business Development team to provide financial assessment and modeling to various Business Development transactions including acquisitions, alliance, and licensing and collaboration partnership deals as well as supporting the financial assessment of other key Alexion strategic initiatives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Directs financial feasibility analyses and appropriate due diligence to ensure the reliability of information provided by third parties, modeling assumptions, debt versus equity and proposed terms for Business Development transactions. Accountable for the following:
- Works with cross-functional teams in Finance, Research & Development, Commercial, and Business Development to develop plans for financial modeling to qualify proposed transactions
- Develops valuation models and supporting analysis; ensures models are aligned with best practice in industry
- Partners across functions to build out the key valuation assumptions for transactions
- Utilizes advanced financial evaluation techniques (NPV, decision trees, scenario analysis) to evaluate scenarios; applies a deep level of scrutiny to scenarios to test and validate assumptions
- Performs sensitivity analysis and asks the "right" assumption and challenge questions of the team
- 10+ years' of experience in related field, including financial planning & analysis investment banking or corporate development
- In-depth Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong business acumen; proven ability to effectively scrutinize and challenge assumptions and interpret the strategy and priorities of the organization in financial terms
- Excellent project management / leadership skills with demonstrated track record and ability to engage teams to work together towards common deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills to deliver succinctly and effectively deliver recommendations to senior leaders; frames complex concepts
- Prior experience working in a global matrixed environment; experience coordinate processes and delivering results through the collaboration of related teams
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing conditions and different culture
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
Boston, MA, United States
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion participates in E-Verify process. To learn more, please click on attached document(s)