Executive Assistant at Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Posted in Professional Services 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Boston, MassachusettsJob Description:
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Alexion is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Req ID: 11802
Job Category: Administrative Support
Location: Boston, MA
Posting Date: February 7, 2018
Attention: If you are a current Alexion employee, please apply via Alexion's internal Life & Career portal. Note that you will need to be connected to the VPN if you are applying away from the office.
Alexion does not contact candidates via instant messaging or chat tools. At no time will we ask candidates for fees associated with obtaining software, nor do we provide employees with a cashier's check to purchase new equipment. If you are contacted in this manner, please be aware that it is fraudulent, and please do not provide any information or money to these individuals. Applicants should only apply through this Alexion website. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to GSOC@alexion.com
Provides administrative support to Executive Committee Member(s). Manages access to the executive, maintain and modifies executive schedule. Ensures executive is made aware of issues that need immediate attention. Requires thorough knowledge of company operations, policies and procedures. Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature. Proactively collects and prepares information for use in discussions/meetings of executive staff and outside individuals.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Scheduling of appointments, maintenance of calendars using outlook, preparation of external/internal correspondence, telephone and visitor screening, travel arrangements, expense reimbursements, coordination of meetings and receptions, preparation of presentation materials, and maintenance/filing of documents.
- Manages all correspondence and communication that comes into the executive's office, apprises executive on nature/priority of each item, and coordinates responses. At times will make independent decisions regarding scheduling, distribution of calls and e-mails, etc.
- Schedule meetings and appointments incorporating meeting technologies such as video conferencing and audio conferencing tools such as Skype or Zoom. Facilitate video conferences on behalf of supported executives to ensure efficient use of resources and time. Familiarity and experience using Telepresence rooms, specifically Polycom a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in an office environment supporting an executive
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Technically proficient with common tools used in executing job functions
- Ability to learn and adapt to evolving technologies allowing executives to be productive from any location
- Strong attention to detail with ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to anticipate needs and have extreme follow-through
- Tact and good judgment in confidential situations and proven experience interacting with senior management
- Outgoing and friendly demeanor
- Capacity to work with a variety of work-styles and personalities
- Ability to be flexible admidst ambiguity
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Boston, MA, United States
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a multinational biopharmaceutical company with approximately 2,500 dedicated employees serving patients in more than 50 countries through the innovation, development, and commercialization of life-changing therapies.
Alexion participates in E-Verify process. To learn more, please click on attached document(s)