Digital Content Specialist I at Cox Media
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
The Digital Content Specialist is tasked with the creation, selection and management of CMG-Palm Beach digital content across multiple platforms. The Digital Content Specialist must possess strong news judgment and editing skills, social media proficiency, experience writing for an online audience, proven ability to work efficiently in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment, technical skill with content management systems and an interest in innovation and industry trends in digital news. Familiarity with SEO and photo-editing is a plus.
Creating and updating content on CMG-Palm Beach sites (40%):
* Crafting news alerts and updating the Palm Beach Post wired and mobile sites with a focus on speed and accuracy, SEO optimization, compelling Headlines, strong visuals, video, multimedia and contextual links
* The ability to identify and quickly aggregate news items that will attract traffic to our website and social media platforms
* Check our website and other sites frequently to make sure we stay competitive with both hard news and trending/viral items. Alert editors, reporters and web staff regarding any changes or updates we may need for existing stories, and flag any stories we need to report or aggregate.
* Prioritize mobile performance and view the mobile app and mobile site in equal measure to the website
* Regularly check the site presentation across all platforms and make adjustments, if necessary
Updating social media channels (40%):
* Frequently monitor, optimize and post content to our social media platforms with a demonstrated ability to craft language in a voice that will engage Facebook and Twitter audiences
Other tasks (20%):
* Monitor site metrics, data and internal reports to drive decision-making in order to capitalize on audience behavior, growth and retention
* Create, layout and deploy email newsletters on deadline
* Additional tasks as assigned
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in digital content creation/production
* Strong communication and presentation skills; excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
* Knowledge of Palm Beach Post and AP style; understanding of libel law and what constitutes plagiarism; strong news judgment and editing ability;
* Ability to lead through influence rather than solely through authority;
* Ability to organize, analyze, interpret and disseminate information; comfortable setting direction and drawing insight from multiple, conflicting data sources; must maintain the journalistic, ethical and professional standards of the company whenever in the office, in public or on social media
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Media Group
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-FL-West Palm Beach-2751 S Dixie Hwy
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.