10 Recreation Specialist at Adams and Associates
Posted in Entertainment/Gaming/Casino 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for working with Recreation team to provide students with a comprehensive and diverse recreation program. Promotes health and wellness through overseeing the recreation activities as outlined on the approved recreation schedule.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Assists with the supervision of a comprehensive and diverse recreation program.
- Coordinates recreation activities with CPP and Social Development to include evening programming.
- Coordinates recreation and leadership activities/programs with Center and local community resources.
- Ensures safe practices and program compliance within prescribed safety guidelines.
- Documents student participation and accountability during recreation activities.
- Maintains inventory of equipment and material and controls their use. Recommends purchase of specific equipment. Performs repairs on equipment as needed.
- Responsible for the overall appearance, condition and organization of the recreation department facilities.
- May oversee student recreation aide program.
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides timely operational support for Center operations to ensure quality programs and services. Pursues improvement in Center operations to fulfill program objectives.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates of Arts Degree or 1 year related experience working with youth.
- Must possess a valid in-State Driver’s License and meet Company insurability requirements. CDL preferred.
Hours: Sun. 1p-10p; Mon. 3p-12a; Tue. 3p-12a; Wed. 3p-12a; Thu & Fri OFF; Sat. 3p-12a
We are a 100% Employee Owned Company and offer a comprehensive benefits plan to include, medical, dental, life and vision insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k) plan, holiday, vacation and sick pay.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.