Accounting Manager at NRT LLC
Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, New Jersey
NRT LLC is the nation’s largest owner and operator of residential real estate brokerages operating in more than 50 of the 100 largest metropolitan areas in the United States, with approximately 790 offices and 47,500 independent sales associates in. NRT is a subsidiary of Realogy (NYSE: RLGY). NRT is ranked the No. 1 residential real estate brokerage firm in the U.S. for 20 years in a row, according to the REAL Trends 500 report. The ranking is based on 2016 closed sales volume and closed transaction sides for the nation's top 500 brokerages. NRT led the ranking with $166 billion in sales volume and 337,780 transaction sides on a pro forma* basis.
*This takes into consideration the estimated full-year performance of companies acquired by NRT during 2016.
Visit www.nrtllc.com for more information
The Accounting Manager will be a critical part of the NRT Corporate Accounting team and ensuring the accounting department’s overriding goals of accuracy and providing timely, relevant information is achieved. The Accounting Manager position will report directly to the Regional/Assistant Controller. This person will be a proactive member of the accounting team and will look to help drive operational efficiencies while maintaining a strong control environment. He/she will manage a team of 4 or more senior / staff accountants and collaborate across several groups of the business to support both short and long-term business objectives and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Responsible for financial close activities including ensuring that month-end journal entries and accruals are appropriately recorded and in a timely manner
- Review and approve journal entries prepared by accounting staff
- Ensure accounting and finance activities are compliant with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and internal policies and procedures
- Collaborate with the Field Finance team to create journal entries and accruals as required
- Work with the Regional Controller to develop, maintain, and incorporate accounting policies and procedure with each of the regions and local operating companies
- Assist in ensuring financial close processes are consistent across local operating companies and/or develop new, streamlined process where appropriate
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations and analysis through collaboration with NRT Corporate accounting
- Approve accounts payable requests and collaborate with those requesting payments to ensure compliance with accounts payable policies and procedures
- Proactively raise issues to management regarding financial or operational metrics
- Identify opportunities to improve on financial processes
- Respond to a variety of ad hoc projects as they arise
- Oversee direct reports and develop staff skillset to ensure department’s goals and objectives are achieved
- Other duties as assigned
- Expected travel: 5% - 10%
- BA / BS or higher in Accounting
- Strong technical and analytical capabilities (GAAP) and financial control experience
- CPA Preferred
- Public accounting firm and/or internal audit experience preferred
- 6 + years of accounting / finance or related field experience
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with advanced Excel skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with limited supervision
- Possess strong task management, attention to detail and prioritization skills
- Ability to follow through on all assigned tasks and take on additional work as needed
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload.
NRT LLC, a subsidiary of Realogy Corporation, is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) and will make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, sexual preference, gender identity or gender expression, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws and regulations.Under the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws Realogy will provide reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants upon request during the application process to ensure equal opportunities to be considered for employment.