Software Engineer at Epiq Systems, Inc.
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Kansas City, Kansas
It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
This position is primarily responsible for designing, developing and maintaining Epiq Systems enterprise level software solutions.
- Translate business requirements into intuitive software solutions
- Participate within an Agile (Scrum) development team
- Collaborate with fellow IT and software developers while building knowledge base
- Participate in technical design discussion and hands-on solution implementation
- Keep a critical eye on new design specifications and raise quality, performance or architectural concerns
- Mentor other developers with a constructive, results oriented approach
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 5 years of Software development experience with Java
- At least 2 years of Software development experience with Python
- Experience with these are a plus:
- Amazon Web Services
- Elastic Search
- Knowledge of C# and C++ is desired, but not required
- Experience working with an RDBMS as a Software Developer; such as MySQL, Oracle or SQL Server
- Strong oral and written communication skills are a must
- High energy, proactive and approachable personality who enjoy solving diverse problems
- Proven problem solving abilities and creative thinking
- Ability to positively interact with all members of development team
- Thorough understanding of object oriented development theory
- Self-starter capable of working on small teams in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of concurrent programming challenges: multi-threading, race conditions, deadlock, semaphores, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or M.S. in Computer Science
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Epiq and its affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.