Dispatcher I (Baytown, TX) at Enterprise Products Company
Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Baytown, Texas
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, natural gas liquids, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Enterprise Products is ranked 104th on the FORTUNE 500 and has approximately 6,900 employees. Enterprise’s large, integrated portfolio of operationally and geographically diverse assets, highlighted by its approximately 49,000-mile pipeline network, serves as the foundation for organic growth opportunities. The partnership’s service offerings include pipeline transportation and gathering, natural gas processing, storage, fractionation, terminalling, import/export capabilities and marketing. Enterprise also has a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. Additionally, energy professionals are discovering rewarding opportunities with Enterprise Products by putting their skills to work in exciting new growth areas, developing markets and pursuing innovative solutions for meeting the needs of customers and promote energy security for the country.
Make the most of your talents in a fast-paced environment driven by people who strive for achievement. Enjoy corporate strength, stability, and a rewarding career at a growing industry-leading and diverse operating company with a track record for success. Tap into the professional possibilities of Enterprise Products Company.
The Dispatcher I is primarily responsible for dispatching Company and contract drivers in their assigned area. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct the work of assigned drivers.
- Assign internal and contract drivers and vehicles to transport crude oil.
- Coordinate driver assignments according to customer requests in compliance with DOT regulations, Company practices and policies.
- Communicate with customers to determine requirements and driver schedules and availability.
- Maintains positive relations with customers and field personnel.
- Notify drivers of assignments and enter assignment data into a computer database.
- Coordinate field issues with Trucking Supervisor and Area Manager.
- Audit driver's logbooks, run tickets, trip reports, hourly pay sheets daily before submitting.
- Initial contact person to respond to emergencies.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- An Associates or Bachelors degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years dispatch related experience is required.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, such as, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions is required.
- Basic computer skills such as: opening, creating and updating content in MS Word documents and Excel spreadsheets is required.
- Ability to assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions.
- The ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, with other individuals, teams, customers, and stakeholders of the business, at various levels of the organization, in a business like and professional manner is required.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues. Quickly and efficiently completes tasks.
- The ability to demonstrate conscientiousness, dependability and commitment to the role, team and company.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with less definition, policy, and bureaucracy.