Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
We are seeking a Category Sourcing Director in our Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Team (Project Services) based in our Atlanta Corporate office and will be responsible for all of the Construction Services category. The role reports to the Vice President, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement. The individual is responsible for leading and managing a team, as well as development and implementation of category strategies through Cross-Functional teams and relevant business units. Responsible for execution and optimization of approx. $750MM annual Construction Services spend.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
• Provide overall leadership and sponsorship of the Construction Service categories.
• Support projects and initiatives with resources and communicate expectations to cross-functional team members and suppliers.
• Interact and influence the senior management team through formal and informal communications and establish a Point of View (POV) on specific projects or initiatives across the GP investment portfolio.
• Talent development of team through performance based objectives and measurements.
• Provide direction and ensure team members have support for initiatives across the organization based on the greatest long-term value and best overall Total Cost of Ownership(TCO).
• Provides category specific leadership and direction to our suppliers as well as business leaders, engineering, maintenance, procurement and operations.
• Lead, develop and execute category strategies to deliver and optimize category management results to meet strategic long term value creation objectives of GP.
• Understand business unit and facility requirements and develop and execute a shared vision and strategy which delivers value to meet the business needs across divisions.
• Provide expertise in analyzing supply markets and assessing supplier capabilities utilizing fact based data, commodity trackers and benchmarking data.
• Analysis of GP current and future requirements, supply markets and supplier comparative advantages allowing the advancement and management across the categories through effective and efficient strategies.
• Determine resources and category leads necessary to create value and meet the business and facility objectives.
• Be responsible for analytics on commercial and technical evaluations of project sourcing events.
• Advise core team on operating needs and provide needed supporting information (specifications, volumes/pricing, technical expertise, local practices, and other data as required).
• Evaluate future state applications to determine company impact and developing a strategic point of view for advancing and optimizing the overall and various sub categories.
What You Will Need:
• Bachelor’s degree r higher
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in Construction, Project Management or relevant work experience in sourcing or supply of Construction Services and related systems
• Experience with construction, maintenance and projects preferably in the pulp and paper industry
• Experience interacting and leading cross functional teams across businesses
• Direct supplier/commercial negotiation experience with local, regional and/or national contract agreements
• Proficient with Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Must be willing and able to travel 25% as needed
What Will Put You Ahead?
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf