Paralegal - Discovery Center - St. Louis, MO at Edward Jones
Posted in Legal Admin 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work. A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Description: This position requires consistent application of critical analysis and strategic thinking skills in all aspects of legal support for Edward Jones and the Discovery Center of the Legal Department.
- Provide high-level administrative support for the legal team in which he or she works
- Support the management of the Edward Jones Discovery Center, including intake functions, assisting in the collection of documents and data needed for production efforts, and conducting a high level analysis
- Maintain knowledge of litigation, arbitration, and regulatory discovery requirements and best practices in the areas of discovery and eDiscovery
- Learn and understand various proprietary systems utilized by the firm's Information Systems Division as well as relevant business areas
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with associates within the Legal Department as well as in relevant business areas, Compliance, IS, and various levels of management within the firm
- Maintain professional relationships with outside counsel and vendors
- Minimum 3 years paralegal experience in private practice or in-house, preferably in a high volume civil litigation environment or a heavily regulated industry
- Paralegal certification highly preferred
- Sound judgment, decision making and conflict resolution skills
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and third party legal support applications such as Legal Files, other case management software, and Westlaw
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, and adaptable to changing priorities
- Commitment to a high level of ethics, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to accurately assess risk and prioritize work
- Ability and motivation to learn new areas quickly
- Motivation to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Capacity to both work independently and collaborate in team environment
- Familiarity with eDiscovery document review platforms such as Relativity, Summation, Concordance, Rim trail, etc.
- High school education required, college beneficial