Business Integration Manager at The Coca-Cola Company
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:
Position Overview:Position Overview
The Business Integration team provides strategic thought leadership, operations support, governance, and reporting for Global Public Affairs, Communications and Sustainability (PACS) while also managing operations and function communications for the office of the SVP Global Public Affairs, Communications and Sustainability.
The business integration manager will play a key role in the implementation and execution of each of these efforts working in close collaboration with the group director business integration as well as the PACS senior vice president and her executive admin.
Function Specific Activities:
Related Work Experience:
- At least 10 years in public relations, communications and/or related field, including advertising, government relations or public policy, non-profit communications, media production and publishing; agency or journalism experience strongly preferred.
- Must be progressive and team-oriented but willing and able to make tough decisions independently when required.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential
- Growth Mindset: Demonstrates Curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- Smart Risk: Makes bold decisions/recommendations
- Externally Focused: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices, or ideas.
- Performance Driven & Accountable: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- Fast/Agile: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- Empowered: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
KO System & Industry Knowledge
- Understands the business of The Coca-Cola Company including product development, marketing and distribution and the competitive context and economic trends that may affect the system and our industry.
- Cross-functional and geographic relationships.
- Cross-functional knowledge of business, value chain and communications drivers.
- Demonstrates and applies cultural sensitivity, as well as understanding national similarities and differences to create a comprehensive worldview.
Define, Develop and Execute Communication Strategy
- Write, edit and develop content for diverse audiences across internal, external and digital channels of communication.
- Execute global communications strategies involving multiple internal and external stakeholders and initiatives supporting our products, ingredients, policies and programs.
- Ability to quickly assess situations and respond with proven strategies to protect and maintain the Company’s integrity and reputation across diverse stakeholder and media audiences.
- Build strong relationships with key contacts in institutions, media, community, academia.
- Provide ongoing subject matter expertise, leadership and coaching, to senior management on the impact their business decisions have on key constituencies. Prepare (e.g. coach, train, rehearse with) the management to serve as effective media spokespeople.
- Leverage working knowledge of technology platforms, evolving communications systems and tools.
- Demonstrates clear initiative and problem solving; anticipates challenges and develops solutions.
- Ability to effectively run cross-functional programs and projects, end-to-end with little supervision.
- Attention to detail.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of deliverables.
- Effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities for multiple managers and leadership levels.
- Working knowledge of government (US, non-US, international organizations), political, NGO and other business processes.
- Ability to identify, develop relationships and networks with constituencies / entities that influence our business, including engaging constructively with stakeholders highly critical of the Coca-Cola system.
- Think through / evaluate how these stakeholders are connected and how they shape opinions. Identify opinion leaders and decision makers in geography (based on Constituencies model).
- Proficient understanding of golden triangle partnerships and how to develop and manage for success.
- Identify opportunities to reach key stakeholder audiences to proactively increase awareness on key topics and create an active voice of influence to shape public opinion and perceptions through strategic messaging & communication with key stakeholders.
- Understanding of issues and all points of view in order to develop an appropriate “call plan” that supports business objectives (advocate, neutralize, and engage).
- Develop plans which address key challenges and issues identified in polling and stakeholder mapping.
- Working knowledge of key areas of intersection between business and public policy: Tax / Finance, Responsible Marketing, Labelling, Packaging, Climate, Environment.
Job Requirements:Key Responsibilities
Communications: Coordinate PACS office and function communications activities including development of SVP presentations and speeches and drafting internal memos and letters to external stakeholders.
Meeting planning and management: Plan and provide logistical support for function meetings (global team meetings, town halls, global function meeting). Establish meeting agendas, write follow up reports from team meetings, collect and distribute pre-reads.
Reporting: Maintain and update function reports and scorecards in partnership with field, corporate IT, and other functions as needed.
General PACS office support: Together with PACS SVP executive admin and business integration director, proactively manage function calendar, anticipating needs, and providing necessary support; Develop and administer PACS SVP stakeholder management plan; Manage logistics and planning for Global PACS short term assignment and internship programs.
Business planning: Coordinate and support the development of the annual business plan and budget.
Process improvement: Develop, improve, and manage processes that enhance PACS SVP office and Global PACS team effectiveness and impact.
Years of Experience:10+ Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.