Information Technology Intern at Federal Signal Corporation
Posted in Admin - Clerical 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: University Park, Illinois
Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS) provides products and services to protect people and our planet. Founded in 1901, Federal Signal is a leading global designer, manufacturer and supplier of products and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental, industrial and commercial customers. Headquartered in Oak Brook, IL, with manufacturing facilities worldwide, the Company operates two groups: Environmental Solutions and Safety and Security Systems. For more information on Federal Signal, visit: www.federalsignal.com.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of, and will receive consideration for employment without regard to, race, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category, characteristic, or trait under applicable law.
Federal Signal has an immediate Internship opportunity based at its University Park, Illinois facility.
The selected student will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinating 3rd party vendor billing;
- Documenting, analyzing and identifying trends associated with vendor invoicing;
- Organizing, consolidating and assisting in auditing vendor contracts, service level agreements and escalation processes; and
- Conducting user reviews on Company applications to ensure appropriate security, permissions and access are in place and maintained.
• Satisfactorily completed course/ hour requirements equivalent to an undergraduate sophomore year from an accredited college/ university program
• Possess a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college/ university program
• Successfully satisfy Federal Signal’s pre‐employment requirements, which include drug testing and execution of all employment and confidentiality agreements
• Competent in working with Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, etc.
• Good organizational and analytical abilities and attention to detail
• Able to work independently and in a team environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Gain industry knowledge and experience by working with IT professionals;
• Learn new skills and add to your knowledge base while gaining confidence in your abilities;
• Accumulate evidence of your abilities; and
• Meet new people and establish a network of professional contacts, mentors, and references.