Tri-Axle Dump Truck Driver at Pennsy Supply, Inc
Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Pittston, Pennsylvania
Job ID: 129850
Pennsy Supply, part of Oldcastle Materials, Inc., a division of Oldcastle, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and construction and paving services in the United States. Our operations span the nation from Montana to Texas and from Washington to Florida, with 17,500 employees at more than 1,200 locations in 44 states.
Tri-Axle Dump Truck Driver
Are you a CDL licensed driver? Do you have experience safely operating a tri-axle dump truck on and off public roads? Do you want to be home nights? Pennsy Supply might have just the “seat” for you. Apply today for a position as a Tri-Axle Dump Truck Driver.
Job Description Summary
- Adhere to and follow all safety rules and regulations of MSHA/OSHA/DOT and Pennsy Supply, Inc.
- Conduct daily safety assignments (area inspections, pre-shifts, JSA's, TRACK, etc.).
- Deliver aggregates and blacktop materials to customers, pavers, shoulder machines and stone boxes and construction sites.
- Responsible for unsynchronized transmission operation.
- Communicate with dispatchers using 2-way radios and verbal communication with customers and internal personnel.
- Ability to read a map to navigate around the Northeastern PA area.
- Must be able to complete log books, vehicle inspection and site condition reports, both manually and electronically.
- Responsible for cleaning bed of truck from debris and keep rest of truck clean.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid CDL, a clean MVR, and must pass a DOT physical.
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Knowledge of DOT and CDL regulations.
- Able to work various times during day, night or weekend hours, at various locations.
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 Years of previous experience preferred.
About Pennsy Supply
Pennsy Supply operated in Pennsylvania as a family run business producing asphalt and aggregates as well as providing construction services until joining the Oldcastle family in 1993. With being a part of the Oldcastle family they are now a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the Unites States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
EOE / M / F / Vet / Disability
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.