Lead Manager - State Regulation & Legislation at AICPA
Posted in Legal Admin 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Washington, Washington DC
Summary of Role
Oversee the state legislative and regulatory tracking, analysis, review and research functions for the AICPA
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Oversee the state legislative and regulatory tracking and monitoring functions for the team.
- Manage state legislative and regulatory research requested by state societies, state boards of accountancy or AICPA teams.
- Serve as a point of contact for state society legislative staff.
- Serve as primary staff liaison to the AICPA Uniform Accountancy Act Committee, coordinating with NASBA staff to plan meetings, conference calls and the overall activities of the Committee and identifying potential candidates for committee membership. Provide support and strategic guidance to Committee members and the Committee Chair.
- Represent AICPA and the accounting profession before state legislative groups.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of state board of accountancy relationships.
- Achieve team operational plan goals by coordinating with internal AICPA teams, AICPA volunteer leadership, State CPA Society Staff, State legislators and staff and State executive branch officials and staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Commitment to association management
- Superior knowledge of research principles and demonstrated commitment to quality of work product
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at one time
- Ability to lead and manage change
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Outstanding written and verbal skills
- Proven ability to provide leadership and motivation
- Travel on a regular basis
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education
- 6 – 8 years relevant experience including operations of state legislative/regulatory affairs
- Previous experience with a membership association, preferably a professional association
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or a legal degree
Preferred Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Knowledge of the accounting profession and state CPA licensing isssues
- Certified Association Executive designation
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Association is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.