Staff Accountant II-GL at Arthrex, Inc.
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Naples, Florida
|Title:||Staff Accountant II-GL|
|Division:||Arthrex, Inc. (US01)|
|Location:||INC- Naples, FL (US08)|
Maintains assigned areas within the general ledger for Arthrex Inc. and the U.S. Arthrex subsidiaries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the GL group to perform the general ledger month-end close process and presentation of the balance sheet and income statement results and analysis;
- Responsible for the preparation of GL entries and reconciliations for the month-end closing on a timely basis (analysis of key control accounts like inventory, A/R, and A/P);
- Applies accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions by maintaining the chart of accounts descriptions and classification documentations, research of transaction classifications and maintaining GL accounts;
- Prepares key accruals (within the GL teams realm of responsibility), conducted on an annual and quarterly basis;
- Performs financial statements analysis on a monthly basis and reporting on variances to top management in a monthly commentary/reporting format;
- Responsible for maintaining procedure write-ups with and checklists for the monthly close process, policy, and procedures;
- Prepares necessary book versus tax work papers to assist in the preparation of income/franchise tax returns;
- Assures that financial reports are accurate and identifies, resolves, and recommends processes to mitigate and prevent problems and errors;
- Assists with the interface with external auditors on the annual audit with respect to INC’s GL and provides other subsidiary information;
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
2 years of accounting experience required.
Experience in a manufacturing environment and SAP accounting software preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/ Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Knowledge of financial regulations, policies, practices, and principles. Ability to effectively coordinate activities with other departments. Ability to maintain positive relationship with firm’s CPA and external auditors.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
PC, office equipment, accounting software (SAP, Fixed Assets, Treasury Management, etc.), and excel spreadsheets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.