Maintenance/Warehouse at SUPERVALU Holdings Inc
Posted in Admin - Clerical 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Primary responsibility will be the maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems for the Fort Wayne Distribution Center, (multiple–buildings). Will perform repairs, document solutions and recommend further action.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Installation and/or replacement of equipment, components and materials throughout the facilities
Maintains and repairs material handling equipment
- Make daily mechanical check on equipment in the Mechanical Room, Main Electrical Room, Generator Room, Main Telephone Room, Mail Room, and General Office Area
- Maintain electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems and make necessary repairs
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks and records required information
- Monitors preventive maintenance and repair work done by outside contractors
- Operates building controls and automation systems
- Conduct air sampling in conjunction with investigation of suspected ammonia refrigeration system leaks
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must have your own tools
- Experience maintaining and repairing material handling equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks, and dock equipment such as plates and restraints
- Knowledge of tools and equipment maintenance devices
- Ability to read and comprehend manuals, prints, and work orders
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and preventive care to avoid mechanical breakdowns
- Prior experience or graduate of building related vocational/technical programs, previous work with ammonia refrigeration systems are preferred
- Proficient in the use of various hand operated and powered tools (pneumatic, electric, hydraulic, mechanical, etc)
- Electrical certifications preferred
Why Work for Supervalu?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.