Restaurant Cook at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Description SummaryPrepare meals in accordance with portion and quality standards specified in recipes. Control food for a respective section(s) usage to minimize waste.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare meals for respective section(s)(restaurant, outlets, etc.) and assist in all kitchen activities to ensure that guests receive high quality food items in a timely manner. Coordinate the smooth service in relation to the pass and pick-up of food.
- Organize the day’s prepping for the cooks and restaurants; supervise line set-up and prepping.
- Advise supervisor of low inventory items or may order necessary food items. Assist in receiving items and taking inventory as needed.
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meet or exceed the state and local Health Board inspection and hotel requirements.
- Report all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- Assist in the training, scheduling and supervision of kitchen staff; ensure that all cook’s duties have been performed during shift.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Maintenance, and Guest Services. May occasionally interact directly with guests.
- May serve as Sous Chef in his/her absence as required.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent, plus one year of experience in food preparation, or equivalent combination of education and food preparation experience.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying of lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Moving about the kitchen
- Handling food, objects, products, and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or Holidays
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.