Continuous Improvement Intern at Great Lakes Cheese
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Plymouth, Wisconsin
As a family owned business with a long-term focus on growth and stability, we are committed to you, our dedicated employee. Our environment of open communication, integrity, and mutual respect encourages everyone to go beyond what is expected.
The Continuous Improvement internship will provide an opportunity for a Sophomore or Junior student to use their educational training, in conjunction with a “hands on” experience at Great Lakes Cheese, to build their skill sets in cheese, whey processing and manufacturing management. The intern will be assigned an independent project (s) in the area of cheese making, whey processing, or packaging and present his/her findings/observations/analysis to the management team at the end of the program. The length of the internship will be developed to accommodate the student’s availability during his/her summer break and is anticipated to be a 10-12 week program. The internship will be conducted at one of the nine Great Lakes Cheese facilities in Adams or Cuba, NY; Hiram, OH; Wausau, Plymouth, Seymour or La Crosse, WI; Fillmore, UT; or Manchester, TN and will require the student to be located within reasonable commuting distance.
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior status.
- All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
- All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- Occasional exposure to industrial operations including: temperature extremes from approximately 35ºF to 100ºF; noise levels in excess of 85 dB; moisture and moving machinery.
- Some travel to other plants.
Great Lakes Cheese is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.