Application Engineer - Core ERS at Electrical Reliability Services
Posted in Architecture 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Provide sales support as assigned to meet region sales goals for the assigned territory. Responsible for developing proposals for ERS services in conjunction with the Operations Department staff and/or corporate staff. Integrate component services to produce a cohesive and technically sound service solution proposal for Emerson Network Power customers by providing technical support and customized service options. Individual will work closely with key ERS and Liebert Services stakeholders to apply Quote Configurator to create professional service solution proposals. Support sales of Service portfolio through efficient and effective quoting of large, complex service opportunities focused on data center power infrastructure support. Provide initial RFP review to identify suitability to our business and plan actions necessary to successfully bid and compete.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop clear, concise, and technically sound service solutions proposals for customer review and acceptance based on customer requirements and/or RFP's. These proposals may include multiple services delivered by multiple service providers.
- Apply Quote Configurator tool to provide comprehensive quote support to ERS and LS sales associates.
- Produce customized service proposals/quotations ensuring proposal reflects proper scope, required technical specifications, and Emerson profitability requirements.
- Apply application engineering competencies to identify and recommend applicable service requirements.
- Work with ERS and Liebert Services Sales to define incremental scope and develop service solutions proposals based on the key findings and recommendations raised during system audits, professional assessments and/or electrical testing.
- Other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- BS degree in Engineering (preferably Electrical), or equivalent experience.
- Must be proficient and fluent in English including technical (electrical and mechanical) terminology.
- Three or more years experience in the Commercial, Industrial and/or Data Center electrical infrastructure and related electrical maintenance and testing services
- Candidate must have a broad knowledge of AC Power products.
- Needs to have a strong understanding of electrical infrastructure design objectives, performance factors, and physical requirements.
- 1-3 years experience in technical scope review and formal proposal development.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and one-line diagrams
- Understanding of 3 phase power and working knowledge of batteries, switchgear, and supported products.
- Collaborative skills, detail-oriented and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent problem solving abilities and capable of resolving contract and product issues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Adobe Acrobat
- Team player with outstanding verbal and written communication skills.