Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Job Description SummaryJOB OVERVIEW:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up. Communicate resolved issues to management so that further preventative and maintenance action may be taken.
• May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes.
• Perform other duties as assigned including guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
• Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. Be aware and prepare for all in-house group meetings and VIP arrivals.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
At the front desk:
• Welcome all guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner.
• Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location.
• Up-sell, book, and arrange walk-in stays for guests where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
• Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing assigned bank.
• Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes upon request.
As an Instant Service agent, both in the service center and at the front desk:
• Answer all phone calls within prescribed time frame, respond to guest’s request in a professional manner and according to established scripts and standards, and dispatch services/resolution in accordance with established procedures. Ensure calls are logged and follow up with guests to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Provide guests with information on hotel facilities and services, local directions, and emergency, safety, and security procedures, etc.
• Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
As a Guest Relations agent:
• Greet VIP guests and conduct special check-in and check-out services for these guests. Communicate with Front Office about arriving VIP guests and communicate any changes needed for their stay in a timely and accurate manner.
• Identify return guests and VIP’s in advance. Assign premium guest rooms and coordinate closely with other departments to forward relevant information.
• Deliver and/or coordinate the delivery of services and/or amenities (such as flowers) to VIP guests. Collect and provide comprehensive information and coordinate VIP and/or Priority Club guest requests regarding hotel services, sporting events, places of interest, restaurants, theater, airline, transportation tickets, limousine rentals, sightseeing tours and any other information of interest. Coordinate and/or confirm reservations as needed.
• Respond appropriately to guest requests and complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction. Log all guest complaints or concerns, coordinate the dispatch of work orders to the appropriate department and staff, and escalate appropriate issues to management.
• May provide assistance with florists, couriers, mail services, rental of small business machines, international calls, etc. for assigned guests.
As a Concierge;
• Collect and provide comprehensive information and coordinate guest requests including but not limited to hotel services, sporting events, places of interest, restaurants, theater, airline, transportation tickets, limousine rentals, sightseeing tours and any other information of interest. Handle reservations and obtain/issue tickets where applicable.
• Provide guest assistance with florists, couriers, mail services, rental of small business machines, international calls, etc.
• Respond appropriately to guest concerns or complaints in a timely manner. Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
• Maintain a neat and orderly concierge desk and area that reflects highly on the hotel and brand.
As a Bellperson/Valet or Doorperson:
• Respond to all guest requests for shuttle service in a prompt and courteous manner; assist guests with luggage while boarding and off-loading the vehicle.
• Operate vehicle in accordance with state laws; observe all airport rules pertaining to shuttle vehicles.
• Assist incoming and outgoing guests with transporting luggage to and from guest rooms. May secure, tag, and store luggage at guest’s request.
• Explain and promote hotel facilities, outlets, and services to guest, and provide information to guests regarding local attractions and activities.
• Perform daily inspection of vehicles; takes necessary action to correct deficiencies or unsafe conditions; keep vehicle clean and neat at all times.
• May regularly inspect and clear hotel entrance and surrounding areas of litter and debris.
• Perform other duties as assigned which may include but is not limited to accepting dry cleaning from guest and secure for pick up by Dry Cleaning Company; delivering clean laundry or guest mail/messages, or sundry items to guest rooms, and responding to other special requests.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma or equivalent, plus one year front desk/guest service experience and six months experience as a phone and/or switchboard operator. Some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Frequently standing up for extended periods behind the desk and front office areas.
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 100 pounds
• Handling objects, products and computer equipment
• Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
• Basic math and simple accounting skills are used frequently.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.