Meter Reader - Local 659 (Temporary) - Medford, OR - #22568 at PacifiCorp
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Medford, Oregon
PacifiCorp is one of the lowest-cost electricity producers in the United States, providing more than 1.6 million customers with reliable, efficient energy.
Union Field Operations Careers
A meter reader is responsible for reading identified meter routes in the company’s service territory. A commitment to safety is essential to the job duties which include working in an outdoor environment and various weather elements for extended periods. Routes may be in urban or rural areas. Meter readers may also work directly with customers whose accounts are delinquent to negotiate full or partial payment and to accept and receipt such payment.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Walking 5+ miles per day in all weather conditions
- A driving record demonstrative of safe driving practices
- Capable of driving an automobile and possesses and maintains a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of safe driving practices in hazardous conditions such as mud, snow, heavy rains, ice, heavy traffic, remote roads, city streets, major highways, and unknown territory
- Demonstrate ability to accurately record meter reads
- Customer service experience
- Meter reading experience
Primary Location: MEDFORD
Department: Medford Metering Ops
Personnel Subarea: IBEW 659
Hiring Range: 18.13
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp's policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.