Security Officer - 2nd Shift at Matador Security Company, Inc.
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Who are we? Watch to find out!
This is a 2nd shift position working 2:45pm - 10:45pm
Matador Security Company is a services business that supports the affiliates of Koch Industries, Inc. Matador Security Company is looking for Security Officers in Wichita, KS.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
The security team’s primary responsibilities are to control access to the main campus and provide security monitoring for the campus and other properties. Each officer is expected to be customer focused while providing a safe and secure environment for Koch Companies employees, guests, and contractors.
- Console Operator: (i.e. monitoring numerous cameras and intrusion detection systems, managing computerized access control systems, dispatching officers, and responding to calls and managing assignments)
- Basic troubleshooting of automated security systems
- Correctly interpret video observations and incoming alarms
- Performing foot patrols and vehicle patrols as required
- First responder activities for medical, fire, and hazmat related situations
- Follow console alarm response and notification checklists
- Maintain and update call lists, processes and procedures, and other manuals to ensure information is current
- Create detailed written incident reports
- Maintain a positive attitude and present a professional image in a team environment
What You Will Need:
- 1 or more years of experience in law enforcement, security, military, or customer service
- Ability to work a 2nd shift schedule (2:45pm - 10:45pm)
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products, including: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be available and willing to work varied shifts, weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime
- Must be able to obtain Red Cross certifications on CPR/First Aid/AEDs
- Must be able to obtain a Basic Private Security Permit through the City of Wichita
- Must be able to conduct routine security functions including; walking patrols, climbing stairs, standing stationary posts, conducting vehicle patrols, and providing jump-starts for vehicles in varying climates
- Must be able to move rolling bins greater than 200 pounds
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Not eligible for Visa Sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Computer application experience beyond MS Office
- Security related experience in a Corporate setting
- Hands on experience with the latest security access control and video platforms (i.e. Genetic, Lenel, and Honeywell)
- Analytical and Troubleshooting abilities
- College degree or college hours in a related field
Want to learn more about KII?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/VeteranExcept where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf