Senior Process Control Engineer at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Senior Process Control Engineer
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Development and review of system health dashboards for DCS across multiple facilities.
- Display knowledge of and the ability to leverage experience in remote support of process control systems in a heavy manufacturing processes to optimize performance. Processes include chemical recovery, chemical wood pulping, power and utilities, gauging systems, Waste water treatment and environmental controls.
- Provide demonstrated leadership of the application of remote support techniques and expertise in multiple DCS hardware and software.
- Must be able to work closely with mill and corporate personnel to identify opportunities and create value for the shareholders through advising in vision and strategy creation.
- Support of multiple mills and varied process control systems in the areas in which these systems are installed.
- Support of process operations, through both the application of the process control systems and general troubleshooting of the processes. Support of the maintenance group in the management of a process control support center.
- Support of the divisional and local project engineering groups in design and installation of new process equipment and process control systems.
- Development of tools to monitor system performance and strategies to aid facilities in improving system reliability.
- Support of the mill safety program, both through personal conduct and design of systems.
- Support the growth of analytics with collection of data, application of historian systems, and the application of systems to reduce process interventions.
What You Will Need:
- Demonstrated experience of at least 6 years in capital projects and optimization activities.
- Demonstrated experience of at least 5 years technical support of DCS and PLC systems.
- Demonstrate support of process control systems via local and remote networks.
- Experience working with VM host and Clients.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting process control systems in areas of a Pulp and Paper mill.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with network technology.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Engineering and application experience with process control systems; Allen Bradley PLCs, Delta V, ABB 800 XA, Honeywell TDC 3000 or Experion DCS experience is preferred.
- Experience with Model adaptive predictive controls
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf