Production Supervisor (3rd Shift) at Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
Posted in Automotive 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors (YFAI) is the global leader in automotive interiors. YFAI is redefining how people relax, work and play in their vehicle interiors today and decades from now. Headquartered in Shanghai, the company has 114 manufacturing plants and technical centers in 20 countries and more than 33,000 employees globally. They design, develop and manufacture interior components for all automakers. Established in 2015, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Huayu Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component group of SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Adient, the global leader in automotive seating. For more information, please visit www.YFAI.com.
The Production Supervisor manages daily production needs while watching downtime, quality, and output; communicates with scheduling any packaging or shortage needs; communicates with maintenance any downtime; communicates with quality any scrap or reject issues; completes end of shift reports.
- Assures that all machine equipment and operators are set-up properly to product quality parts at the required production rate.
- Ensures all operations are in compliance with all process standards, quality standards, operator instructions and packaging standards as posted on the Job Boards where applicable.
- Works with the Quality Department in maintaining the standard of quality, which is acceptable to our customer. Any deviations from that standard or from the quality must be reported immediately to the Quality Department.
- Ensures notification to the Quality Manager and Operations Manager any time that quality deviations affect the product output, or the quality issue cannot be corrected.
- Ensures that production and quality requirements are met.
- Ensures all employees follow all company policies and procedures for the proper operation of the department
- Ensures all housekeeping and safety standards are maintained.
- Informs the Maintenance Department of any necessary repairs needed to production equipment.
- Purses continuous improvement within the department in quality, productivity, cost savings and safety. Reports to the Plant manager any ideas for continuous improvement.
- Performs process checks and documents any adjustments needed.
- Assures Production reports are completed properly and forwarded to the Operations Manager.
- High School Diploma and equivalent preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Die setting (injection molding) experience highly recommended.
- Excellent leadership skills.