EHS Manager at Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
Posted in Automotive 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors (YFAI) is the global leader in automotive interiors. YFAI is redefining how people relax, work and play in their vehicle interiors today and decades from now. Headquartered in Shanghai, the company has 114 manufacturing plants and technical centers in 20 countries and more than 33,000 employees globally. They design, develop and manufacture interior components for all automakers. Established in 2015, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Huayu Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component group of SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Adient, the global leader in automotive seating. For more information, please visit www.YFAI.com.
Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
You will be part of a global, diverse team. A team that is truly dedicated to anticipating and re-imagining how society will live and work inside the vehicles of tomorrow. You will build strong, personal relationships as you work together to push the boundaries of innovation. The environment will be fast-paced, exciting, challenging. But you will be inspired to adapt and evolve.
Opportunity is yours. Are you ready for the challenge?
- Coordinates the Plant’s various health, safety and environmental (HS&E) practices and programs designed to safeguard all employees in a working environment which is conducive to their physical well being
- Maintain compliance with Federal, State, and Local HS&E regulations including managing Federal, State, and Local Plant OSHA compliance regulations
- Develops and coordinates training for general safety, worker’s compensation and accident investigation
- Schedules, monitors, and recommends action based on pre-employment, return-to-work, and periodic physical examinations
- Staff and stock the plant’s first aid facility; provide first aid treatment of on-the-job illness or injury
- Administer the Worker’s Compensation program including maintaining OSHA logs, creating and maintaining employee injury/illness files; tracking adjusted work of injured employees, and keeping supervisors updated on the status of injuries
- See the properly trained persons are available to render first aid on other shifts
- Maintain first aid treatment records and reports
- Develop and maintain emergency response and accident prevention plans; organization and manage emergency response team
- Coordinate and schedule as necessary: PFTs, physicals, hearing tests, safety glasses, drug testing, spill blood work, and wellness programs
- Maintain and report monthly statistics pertaining to the plant’s safety record and corporate requirements
- Recommend action to assure the plant complies with all Federal, State, and Local laws related to the health and safety of all employees
- Identify opportunities for improvement. Applying corrective and preventative action when discrepancies are detected
- Assure compliance with all environmental regulations
- Process all employee worker’s compensation claims; coordinate and assist in representing the Company at hearings
- Maintain liaison with Company retained physician, schedule physical examinations, and coordinate medical reports for alleged work-related illnesses or injuries
- Coordinate the processing and payment of all indemnity/lost time claims under Worker’s Compensation
- Tracks all health related information for employees including FMLA
- Associate Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or a related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Must be a certified first responder.
- Experience of a minimum of two years in managing regulatory compliance in OSHA, worker’s compensation, manufacturing health and safety training, environmental and ergonomics