Wetland Delineator (TX or OK) at Environmental Resources Management Inc
Posted in Science 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: *, Texas
ERM is currently hiring Wetland Delineators for projects in Texas and Oklahoma. These temporary positions will begin in early March 2018. The role of a wetland delineator requires technical skills, as well as, strong organizational and communication skills. Field crews will work 6 days per week and must be able to maintain a positive attitude while working long hours outdoors in variable weather and terrain. Pay is commensurate with experience. Per Diem and/or expenses and overtime are included.
- Delineating wetlands per the 1987 Corps of Engineers Wetlands Delineation Manual and the Great Plains and Atlantic and Gulf Coastal Plain Regional Supplements.
- Surveying waterbodies.
- Conducting habitat assessments.
- Data entry and GPS use.
- Survey report compilation.
- Permit application assistance.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- BS/BA degree in natural science field of study.
- Minimum of one (1) field season of wetland delineation experience using the 1987 Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineations Manual or appropriate wetland delineation training or coursework.
- Familiarity with Army Corps of Engineers regional supplements for the Great Plains and Atlantic and Gulf Coastal Plain.
- Experience using TXRAM and iHGM Wetland Assessments.
- Ability to work outdoors in variable weather conditions and on challenging terrain.
- Ability to work weekends and regularly over 40 hours per week.
- Ability to work in the field for an extended period.
- Working knowledge of sub-meter accuracy GPS technologies and map interpretation skills (e.g., NWI, USGS, aerial photography).
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a pre-hire background check and drug test.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter below. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a pre-interview OR Video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See Job Description