Advanced Chemist (Maplewood, MN)* at 3M
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
3M is seeking an Advanced Chemist for the Corporate EHS Laboratory, located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position will be responsible for performing LC/MS/MS test methods in support of environmental regulatory reporting. As an Advanced Chemist you will be responsible for sample preparation/extraction and LC/MS/MS analysis on various environmental media. This position includes performing analytical test methods, data analysis, and writing analytical test reports in accordance to the USEPA GLP’s and the ISO17025 testing laboratory accreditation.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing environmental samples using multiple methods of sample preparation/extraction techniques including Solid Phase Extraction (SPE).
- Analyzing environmental samples using Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS/MS).
- Using statistical data analysis methods to evaluate analytical test data.
- Preparing detailed laboratory reports, data sheets, and other documentation in accordance to US EPA GLP’s and the ISO17025 testing laboratory accreditation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing LC/MS/MS analysis in a USEPA GLP compliant and ISO/IEC 17025 accredited environmental testing laboratory
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology or a related discipline from an accredited institution
- Proficient working knowledge of Agilent HPLC & AB Sciex MS/MS instrumentation/software
- Experience in trace level water analysis of fluorinated compounds by LC/MS/MS
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks/projects and manage priorities accordingly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills, ability to work independently to complete projects, as well as work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to independently determine and develop original technical approaches and solutions
- Experience in test method development and validations
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic and international
Relocation: Is authorized
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without a sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1B status).
See job description.