3M HIS Software Engineer (Taylorsville, UT) at 3M
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Taylorsville, Utah
3M is seeking a Software Engineer for the Health Information Systems Division located in Taylorsville, UT. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today’s challenges, while preparing for tomorrow’s. Transforming health care from a system that treats disease, to a system that improves health and wellness begins with accurate health information and payment. From improving efficiency of medical records coding, to outlining success in value-based care and health care analytics. All while working with the best and the brightest to advance more than your own career, you are working to advance the entire world.
This is a high-.tech, agile, challenging, and fun work environment. You will be challenged daily on exciting large scale projects with all of the latest technologies. Day-to-day work follows an agile scrum team approach to developing leading edge cloud based software. You will get to be part of a team that has real meaningful work that makes a difference. We are a team that is dedicated to innovate, create and appreciate the team members that work here.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Developer for the HDD Terminology toolset
- Key developer for HDD Services and UI tool suites
- Will work on restful service architecture for the storing of multi-structural data and heterogeneous data in Health Information Systems
- Will work to complete the commercial and Public Market product initiatives for Health Care Data Dictionary
- Will help to build UI mapping tools for the HDD Clinical Terminology product.
- Will work on a scrum team to meet the goals that the Product Owner defines.
- Will innovate company IP for Clinical Terminology
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited university or a High School Diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution and a minimum of three (3) years of equivalent experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree education requirement
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in Software Development (course work and Internship work considered)
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in Java (course work and Internship work considered)
- Minimum of one (1) in elastic cloud computing environments such as Amazon AWS and Azure (course work and Internship work considered)
- Minimum of one (1) in Angular JS Experience (course work and Internship work considered)
- Bachelors of Science or equivalent work experience
- DevOps experience
- Amazon S3 API Experience in a large enterprise environment
- Expertise with MySQL, Oracle SQL Server and other RDMBs
- Knowledgeable in SOA and ROA architecture
- Proficient in writing both synchronous and asynchronous restful services.
- Proficient at writing Java JAX RS REST services.
- NLP knowledge and experience
- Lucene experience
- Experience working with Spring or other MVC frameworks
- Tomcat and Apache experience
- Jquery and Bootstrap UI experience
- Big Data Analytics experience
- Windows and *.nix environments
- Knowledgeable in leading Amazon technologies such as Redshift, Aurora, EC2, Glacier, AWS Import/Export, S3
- Informatics experience
- Healthcare industry experience
- Bash Shell
Location: Taylorsville, UT
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Most Recent great-news / Awards: 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow's best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that’s valued. To View this recognition, please visit: http://bit.ly/EthisphereWorldsMostEthicalCompanyAward
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
See job description.