Land Development Project Mgr at D.R. Horton, Inc.
Posted in Construction 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Temple, Texas
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Land Development Project Manager for their Operations Department. The right candidate will prepare a site for the construction of houses. This includes supervising water, roadway, sewer and drainage construction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, review, and maintains all due diligence property documents and reports
- Insure that property documents comply with DRH standards and notify management of concerns and potential solutions
- Insure that all due diligence work is completed prior to expiration of contingency period
- Coordinate information sharing and work distribution with land development, acquisitions, construction and marketing teams
- Provide site inspections to identify project status, progress and risk management
- Maintain budgets and development schedule oversight and updating
- Coordinate and communicate with primary engineer and other primary consultants
- Coordinate with agencies for permitting, insurance, assurance and close-out requirements for developments
- All projects should be seen a few times a week. There should be at least one contact with the project engineer once a week. Progress should be noted and deficiencies found during the construction process. Close contact should be kept with all contractors.
- Oversee construction of the entrances, lots, amenities and associated infrastructure for DR Horton communities; to include road, drainage, water, sewer and landscaping.
- Manage project budget, review field purchase orders and provide reporting.
- Coordinate contractors and inspectors for completion of land development.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a vehicle, a valid driver's license, and be willing to travel.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder.