Superintendent at D.R. Horton, Inc.
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tampa, Florida
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Superintendent for their Construction Department. The right candidate will manage all functions of the job site as it relates to home construction. Manage construction of multiple homes from dirt through closing while maximizing profits and maintaining excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for construction and presentation of the homes in a timely manner
- Interface with the subcontractors, government agencies and the customer
- Establish and maintain daily contact with appropriate city officials and inspectors
- Schedule all involved contractors on-site as well as off-site for each phase of development and construction. Complete each home site on schedule from planning through occupancy, ensuring that all contract obligations are satisfied
- Confirm all approved plans to verify home site is built per plan and specifications. Ensure that the selected options and upgrades are implemented during construction and for homeowner walk-through
- Maintain a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and observing OSHA and any state-level agencies' regulations
- Be aware of applicable building codes and OSHA requirements
- Perform checklists and reports that aid in controlling aspects of the construction process under his or her responsibility
- Achieve the highest quality work and homeowner satisfaction through effective management of resources and the construction process
- Monitor subdivision cleanliness and hold the subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up
- Conduct detailed inspections after each trade has completed its tasks and before any work is authorized for payment
- Verify that city final is complete and passed by the city inspector
- Walk each completed home before homeowner walk-through to make sure it is complete, clean and meets standards
- Homeowner orientation/walk-through
May directly supervise one employee in the Construction Department and/or a various number of subcontractors in the field. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder.