RN ED at East Boston Neighborhood
Posted in Nurse 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: East Boston, Massachusetts
Thank you for your interest in careers at EBNHC!
Applicants are not required to have a candidate account before applying. However, at the conclusion of your application we encourage you to create a new account. This will enable you to track the status of your applications as well as use previously entered information in future applications.
We look forward to your becoming part of the EBNHC team!
Current Employees of EBNHC - Please use the internal careers portal to apply for positions.
To learn more about working at EBNHC and our benefits, check out our Careers Page at careers.ebnhc.org.
Time Type:Full time
All Locations:East Boston
Description:The Registered Nurse assumes a leadership role in the Emergency Department. This includes triaging patients to the appropriate level in a timely fashion, providing nursing care to patients of all ages, directing the general patient flow through the department, and taking appropriate steps in following up lab and x-ray results. The nurse is responsible for timely and accurate documentation of his/her nursing care in accordance with policy and procedures. The nurse is also responsible for collaboration with other members in a multi-disciplinary team. Day/evening position with weekend/holiday rotation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess the health status of individuals and detect changes in order to take necessary actions.
- Documents all care information concisely, accurately and completely in a timely manner. Documentation to also include (pain assessment/re-assessment, medication administration and patient ED course).
- Triages patients and assigns accurate acuity based on standards of care and department policy.
- Assumes responsibility for direct patient care and prepares patients for exams.
- Safely and effectively administers medications, tests and treatments as ordered.
- Reports adverse reactions to medications and/or treatments in accordance with department policy.
- Takes a proactive role assisting with patient discharge, hospital transfers and arranging outpatient testing.
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician.Teaches and educates patients and care givers how to manage illness/injury and home care needs.
- Recognizes the unique safety needs of elderly and pediatric patients ensuring they receive assistance as needed.
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures for environmental safety and infection control.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing strongly preferred.
- MA RN License required.
- Current ACLS and PALS Certification required.
- Minimum of one year RN critical care experience or three years experience in Med/Surg or Emergency preferred.