Human Service Worker 2nd Shift (Fri-Mon 2pm-12am) at COMMUNITY SOLUTIONS INC
Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Community Solutions is seeking a dedicated Human Service Worker to complete our 2nd shift team ( Fri-Mon 2pm-12am). In this role you will provide client supervision and complete all required program operations. You will uphold all Agency policies and procedures pertaining to the safety and security of clients, Agency property and the community. You will also be a role model to the clients while providing a safe environment, facilitating counseling, advocacy and support.
Community Solutions Inc. (CSI) is a nonprofit organization that promotes self-reliance, responsibility and accountability for at-risk and disadvantaged youth and adults. Since 1962, CSI has delivered supervision, treatment, and comprehensive, individualized services to help clients interact more effectively in their communities and become productive citizens.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include but are not limited to:
- Report to work 15 minutes before their scheduled shift for example staff hires for the 4pm-12am shift are required to report to work by 3:45pm.
- Provide update on any client issues and incidents.
- Verify all physical items being passed between shifts.
- Ensure security of facility keys.
- Conduct employment, job search and home confinement spot checks on each shift.
- Conduct common area, room searches and perimeter searches as assigned and document results.
- Conduct pat/pocket searches on all clients entering the facility and document results.
- Confiscate any contraband found and complete incident report.
- Complete house counts every hour from Midnight to 8am and every 2 hours from 8am to 10pm and document results.
- Transport Clients as needed in a Company vehicle.
- Conduct monthly emergency drills.
- Secure urines from same sex clients and complete all required paperwork and electronic documentation.
- Supervise all client visitation. Sign all visitors and contractors in and out of the facility.
- Complete intake on all new arrivals prior to the end of your shift. Facilitate client orientation as assigned.
- Facilitate all client movement in and out of the facility.
- Monitor client’s self-administration of medication.
CSI offers great benefits which include:
- Two (2) weeks’ vacation your first year, three (3) in your second.
- Sick time (7 days), floating holiday time (4 days/year).
- Medical and Dental plans
- Voluntary plan options for: Vision, FSA, voluntary STD, Accident, Hospital, Life insurance and AD&D.
- 401(k) plan with automatic enrollment and a company match of 100% up to 4% of your contribution.
- A Bachelor’s degree plus one year experience in the social service or criminal justice field.
- Education may be substituted with relevant experience on a one year for one year basis.
- Able to arrive 15 minutes before shift for shift change, may also be required to stay later.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Valid drivers license.
CSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disability/Vet. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.