Banquet Server (On-Call) at Waterton
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Founded over a box of Pop-Tarts® in 1995 by David Schwartz and Peter Vilim, Waterton has grown from very humble beginnings with one phone and two desks to the successful, nationally recognized real estate investment and management firm it is today. As Waterton has evolved and grown, one thing has remained constant, the drive to achieve results by exceeding expectations.
Waterton’s values of Service Excellence, Empowerment, Integrity, Passion, Achievement and Teamwork are our guiding principles and they shape who Waterton is as an organization. When you join Waterton, you will learn new skills, acquire knowledge and use these values to help you grow in your career and fulfill your professional goals.
Waterton is committed to the service of our associates, residents, guests and investors and firmly believes that our superior ability to serve our customers differentiates us. We empower our associates to think and act like an owner and use our core values as guiding principles to serve our customers in a way that exceeds their expectations, going above and beyond to create the ultimate service experience or what we call Resitality!
Banquet Server (On-Call)
The Banquet Server is responsible for the service of food and beverage items to banquet guests as required by hotel and company standards.
Essential Functions include (but are not limited to):
- Serve food and beverage items in a friendly enthusiastic, professional and timely manner to banquet guests.
- At conclusion of function, ensure all equipment and supplies are returned to their proper location in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Ensure service corridor safety by transporting all equipment in the proper manner. Be responsible in the handling of all equipment and linens.
- Ensure that all spills and breakage are attended to immediately.
- Support Banquet team to ensure all functions run smoothly from start to finish.
- Assist in moving any tables and chairs as assigned.
- Inform supervisor of any problems or guest complaints.
- Recommend proper maintenance and repair to banquet management and ensure the proper housekeeping of all function space (as applicable).
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- Superior English Communication Skills (written & verbal)
- Superior Customer Service Skills
- Professional, Warm Demeanor - Service Oriented Attitude
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Prior customer service and/or similar experience required. Previous banquet serving experience preferred.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time - bend, kneel, lift and pull continuously throughout a shift, lift up to 50lbs.
Hospitality is a 24/7 industry therefore, candidates should anticipate working weekends and holidays as needed.
EOE - M/F/D/V/SO
See Job Description