Full Time Merchandising Development Representative - Bay Area, CA at BDS Marketing
Posted in Admin - Clerical 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
Are you pumped about today’s latest consumer electronics? Here at BDSmktg we are seeking energetic, driven individuals to proudly represent us and our clients’ products at retail. Our employees are important partners with our client and they deliver exceptional results and work to enhance our clients’ retail performance each day.
The Merchandising Development Specialist will be responsible for representing one of our major clients inside selected retail locations to ensure our client’s products and brand image are being represented correctly, and that strong relationships are developed and maintained with the stores, ultimately to grow incremental sales.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE CONSIDERED:
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to enter data/photos online (in-store/on site or in home office)
- More than 1 year of PLANOGRAM reset and brand compliance experience required
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Preferred Target and Walmart backroom certification and Best Buy 3PL experience
- Must be able to participate and pass required merchandiser trainings
- Must be able to pass a Background check and Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) in order to drive on behalf of the Company
- Access to daily, reliable transportation
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Display maintenance and merchandising position
- Gather, organize, and report competitive information, including call report data and photos
- Simplify and clearly communicate key messaging around products and services
- Proactively greet, engage and build positive relationships with store associates and customers
- Strong attention to detail
- Operate with a high degree of integrity
- Willing and able to work a flexible weekly schedule with some occasional weekend and evening work
- Must be able to work 8 hour shifts standing most of the time and complete resets when necessary
- Ensure that our clients’ image is represented correctly; a professional appearance is required at all times, including reset/display installation and ensuring product compliance in all retail stores
- Verify client inventory on display and physical inventory
- Manage and oversee in-store demo readiness within assigned stores
- Schedule and report store activity in company’s website (Insight Center)
- Travel within assigned market to service all stores in the defined territory according to the designated frequency
- Promote the use of Cyberscholar.com to all Retail Sales Associates
- Manage trunk stock/inventory of materials (parts and merchandising collateral)
- Provide managerial oversight and training with part time syndicated merchandising representatives
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Regularly sit, stand, walk, bend over, grasp, talk and/or hear, and drive
- Occasionally carrying and lifting office supplies up to 35 lbs.
- Occasionally travel via flight or other modes of transportation
- Continuous hand/eye coordination and fine manipulation
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE RECRUITING PROCESS:
- Apply online for this opportunity to be considered
- Participate in a phone interview with a superstar recruiter
- If qualified, you will be moved along in the process and interview with a hiring manager
- If hired, a passing background check and drug screen is required
BDS Marketing, LLC. (“BDS”) is an equal opportunity employer in every aspect of employment, including but not limited to; selection, training, development and promotion of the most qualified candidates and employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. BDS is committed to equal employment opportunity in all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment that may not be covered in this statement. BDS is an at-will employer.
BDSmktg is an award-winning retail marketing and sales partner. With over 30 years of experience guiding customers through the buying journey, we are experts at powering sales for the world’s top brands. BDSmktg offers our clients fully integrated solutions that drive brand demand and sell-through: Brand Advocacy, Retail Readiness, Retail Environments, Research, Commercial, and Digital Marketing. We craft custom solutions from our suite of services, and our specialized teams ensure your brand is ready for each new selling season. Founded in 1984, BDS Marketing, LLC. is headquartered in Irvine, California with regional offices in Columbus, Ohio and Chicago, Illinois.
See Job Description