Laboratory Supervisor at Community Health Systems and Affiliates
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Durant, Oklahoma
Lead Medical Technologist
About us: Alliance Health Durant is a 148-bed facility, serving Bryan, Choctaw, Atoka, Johnston and Marshall Counties. Alliance Health Durant offers a full range of medical services and procedures to patients in the region and is one of the largest tax-paying entities in Bryan County with a total economic impact exceeding $85 million.
Our laboratories are dedicated to quality service and patient-centered care.
Our laboratories provide everything from blood bank services to a wide range of testing capabilities, including:
- Clinical chemistry
- Hematology and immunohematology
- Immunology, immunochemistry and serology
- Microbiology and virology
We also offer advanced pathology services including:
- Cytology and cytopathology - The study of individual cell abnormalities, often used to diagnose cancer.
- Cytogenetics - Blood or bone marrow cell studies to examine chromosomal changes.
- Histology - The study of tissue under a microscope.
- Molecular diagnostics - DNA/RNA analysis studies.
- Surgical pathology - The study of tissues removed during a biopsy to help diagnose disease and determine treatment.
Description: Organizes and directs the daily activities of the laboratory. Responsible for supervising laboratory personnel, conducting and overseeing quality assurance and quality control, and collecting, analyzing, and interpreting lab results. A level I supervisor is considered a working supervisor with little authority for personnel actions. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
Education: BS degree in Medical Technology; or BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, or previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493.1433 published March 14, 1990.
Experience/Abilities: Minimum 5 years' MT experience required. 1 year supervisory experience preferred. Knowledge of Microbiology preferred.
Certifications: American Society of Clinical Pathologist, American Medical Technologist or American Society of Microbiology are preferred.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.