Lead Medical Technologist-FT Weekends at Community Health Systems and Affiliates
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Durant, Oklahoma
Lead Medical Technologist
About us:Alliance Health Durant is a 148-bed facility, serving Bryan, Choctaw, Atoka, Johnston and Marshall Counties. Alliance Health Durant offers a full range of medical services and procedures to patients in the region and is one of the largest tax-paying entities in Bryan County with a total economic impact exceeding $85 million.
Our laboratories are dedicated to quality service and patient-centered care.
Our laboratories provide everything from blood bank services to a wide range of testing capabilities, including:
- Clinical chemistry
- Hematology and immunohematology
- Immunology, immunochemistry and serology
- Microbiology and virology
We also offer advanced pathology services including:
- Cytology and cytopathology - The study of individual cell abnormalities, often used to diagnose cancer.
- Cytogenetics - Blood or bone marrow cell studies to examine chromosomal changes.
- Histology - The study of tissue under a microscope.
- Molecular diagnostics - DNA/RNA analysis studies.
- Surgical pathology - The study of tissues removed during a biopsy to help diagnose disease and determine treatment.
Description: Under the direction of the Laboratory Director, processes specimens, performs laboratory tests, and records and reports test results.
Education: BS degree in Medical Technology; or BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, or previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493.1433 published March 14, 1990.
Experience/Abilities: 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist in Clinical Laboratory.
Certifications: American Society of Clinical Pathologist, American Medical Technologist or American Society of Microbiology are preferred. Eligibility to take the examination is required.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.