Field Engineer - Heavy Civil at Flatiron
Posted in Design 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Sacramento, CaliforniaJob Description:
Location: Sacramento, CA USA
Duration: Full-time Regular
Department: Construction & Engineering
# of Openings: 2
Req #: 2238
As a Field Engineer on an approximately $40m Caltrans project in the Sacramento area, you will have the opportunity to develop your career with one of North America's top heavy civil construction firms.
Specifically we are looking for an Engineer with strong experience working on projects with large structural concrete scopes; Candidates with previous dam project experience will be highly regarded.
- Reviews project plans and specifications for upcoming scheduled work activities. Helps lead small teams to develop successful planning and execution of activities to meet project objectives for schedule, cost, quality and safety.
- Develops/ assists with procurement packages for various elements of work, to obtain quotes and draft contracts to meet project requirements. Performs budget/quote comparatives for approval.
- Prepares construction work plan packages and coordinates pre-construction meetings while ensuring that all prerequisites to start of construction activities are identified and completed.
- Prepares, updates and distributes work activity schedules/updates, and communicates across work groups and agencies to ensure proper advance notifications and coordination of start times.
- Monitors and participates daily in field construction process. Provides layout checks and technical reviews of work against requirements. Obtains confirmations from design engineer as needed.
- Provides daily reports of labor, field deliveries, purchase orders, subcontractor invoices, costs, quantities, actual expenditures, etc. for correct coding tracking in cost system; Maintains cost control by reviewing job cost reports and adjusting as necessary. Uses electronic databases.
- Assists with subcontract administration and permanent material suppliers through monitoring of correspondence, submittals, RFI's, and performance records; Maintains accurate payment records.
- Calculates material/work quantity requirements (takeoffs); adjust forecasts for quantities, costs and schedule to complete on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Assists to prepare monthly reporting for progress payments, schedule updates, and problem/issue tracking and resolution. Provides accurate and factual assessments of project performance.
- Participates in extra work process, cost proposals, change orders and claims management
- Develops and manage relationships with owners, subcontractors, consultants and field personnel
- Supports project with all technical matters and determine outside assistance when needed
- Maintains a safe, clean and productive environment through enforcing procedures. Maintains project integrity and reputation through compliance with high standards of workplace safety and construction best practices
- Bachelors Degree in civil engineering or construction management
- 3 to 6 years of construction engineering experience and/or training
- Experience working with a heavy civil general contractor and exposure to self-performance environment is required.
- Specific exposure to structural concrete scopes & Dam projects will be highly regarded.
- Experience using P6 and HCCS will be highly regarded.
- Must be willing to relocate to Bakersfield area for the length of the project
- Good interpersonal skills and communication
- Computer proficient including MSOffice software suite
- Desire to work heavy civil construction as a field engineer
Some of the benefits you can expect as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Flatiron is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.