Security Specialist B at Community College of Philadelphia
Posted in Security 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaJob Description:
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Security Specialist B position. Under the supervision and in accordance with the policies of the Community College of Philadelphia, the Security Specialist B is responsible for maintaining campus security and safety. Primary responsibilities involve performing routine security checks, recording observations on conditions within buildings or assigned work area, reporting any unusual occurrences, property damage, or rule violations.
The primary work location for this position is the College's Main campus. Re-assignment to any of the College's Philadelphia campus locations may be needed based on staffing needs.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• High school diploma or its equivalent (i.e. GED) is required.
• Minimum of two (2) years experience in security related work required.
• Ability to travel between the College's regional campus locations for work assignments required.
• Ability to work extended hours and various shifts, as needed, is required.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Basic computer proficiency is required.
• Must possess and maintain a current valid driver's license.
• Certification in CPR and first aid required, or must be obtained during probationary period.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds is required.
• Associate's degree in Criminal justice or related field preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Experience operating radio, fire and safety systems preferred.