Production Supervisor at Dairy Farmers of America
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Provides work direction and leadership to production employees within the guidelines of standard work rules, union contract provisions, and employment policies. Monitors all stages of the production process and ensures accurate fulfillment of customer orders through appropriate production scheduling. Holds self and others accountable for promoting safety rules and regulations and acts in accordance with the requirements for food safety and quality.
* Schedules, assigns work, and provides clear direction to production employees. Ensures that the production process flows smoothly and daily production goals are met.
* Supervises production scheduling so appropriate quantities and varieties of product are produced to fill orders for customers. Ensures that bill of materials (e.g. ingredients, packaging) are appropriately staged for next production runs.
* Monitors the pasteurizing, separating, cooling or freezing, filling, mixing, clean-up, standardizing and storing operations to ensure that plant production and quality standards are met.
* Works effectively with unionized employees to promote positive and productive working relationships. Understands and effectively applies work rules, union contract provisions, and employment policies. Administers discipline consistently and fairly. Works with Human Resources and plant management to resolve employee grievances. Actively communicates with employees through shift meetings and informal methods.
* May be involved with job transactions such as promotions and transfers. Involvement may include the documentation of union status changes such as position codes, pay rates, and union bids. May review and edit employee electronic time records.
* Monitors the equipment used in production process (i.e., pasteurizer and cooler tanks) to ensure that equipment is functioning efficiently and is properly cleaned and sanitized. Arranges for timely repair/resolution of equipment failures.
* Actively promotes safe work behaviors and holds self and direct reports accountable for following safety rules and regulations. Conducts accident/injury investigations and sends reports of injury to HR in a timely manner to meet rapid reporting standards. May coordinate and/or facilitate plant safety meetings, training, and incentive programs.
* Understands and fulfills the requirements of SQF 2000 Level 3 code of regulation for food safety and quality. Manages policies, procedures and programs related to operations. Fosters continuous improvement to maintain the SQF 2000 Level 3 certification.
* Assists the Plant Manager or Assistant Plant Manager with compiling and analyzing production and cost data for required company and government reports.
* Proactively looks for ways to increase operational efficiency and contain costs. Identifies and implements best practices in establishing SOP's and managing labor. Thinks creatively and abstractly to develop alternative possibilities to drive improvement.
* May be assigned other responsibilities to meet business needs.