Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Orlando, Florida
WE BRING THE WOW !
ARE YOU READY TO BE A WOW MAKER*
GES, Global Experience Specialists, is a global event marketing company with over 90 years and 4,000 passionate employees in North America, Europe and the Middle East. We create some of the most incredible events in the world think traveling entertainment exhibitions, global user groups, sales conferences, holiday extravaganzas and exhibitions of all sizes. From initial strategy to show-stopping audio visual, accommodations to insightful measurement and every detail in between we bring brands to life!
Our mission is to create memorable event experiences, and we count on our talented employees around the world help us do it. We are looking for team members who can dream up the impossible and deliver it.
Plan and direct the activities of the Show-site Operations staff to manage and create efficiencies and profitability, while producing high quality service for GES Events. Participate in establishing and implementing operations, city and GES goals and objectives.
* Foster a continuous improvement culture utilizing lean techniques. Manage show portfolio cost and departmental overheads cost that are directly related to show operations at or below plan.
* Proactively develop fully Integrated Implementation plans for assigned show portfolio to ensure planned labor and show margins are met or exceeded.
* Ensure proper billing practices and proper documentation of materials, labor, and rental equipment is performed to ensure accurate invoicing, for the purpose of capturing all revenue.
* Achieve assigned percentages and recommendations on client surveys and quality service tracking quality goals within show portfolio.
* Provide leadership of the Operational Show Team to ensure full participation in the JUMP process. The Operational Show team is to provide a Productivity Improvement Plan, a service plan, assist in the development of revenue enhancement plans, and clearly document operation process improvement opportunities in the post-show meetings.
* Manage, supervise and schedule assigned operations staff to include objectives and goals, developmental action plans and employee reviews for direct reports (assigned General Foremen and Operations AEs). Administer performance appraisals in correlation with the ABC Performance Management Program.
* Implement SOP and Best Practices, and pro-actively develop, test and share process improvements.
* Working in conjunction with Account Managers, assist in the preparation of the annual plan relative to assigned show portfolios. The Senior Operations Manager is to be specifically tasked with planning Labor Costs to assist in the development of revenue projections.
* Assist the Director of Operations in the development of capital budgets and Investment Proposals. Research and suggest equipment and inventory that can reduce labor expenditures, improve productivity, and enhance revenue.
* Participate in grievance process and contract negotiations.
* Ensure compliance with OHSA, DOT and Safety Requirements.
* Ensure Damage and Loss reports are documented in adherence with company practices.
* Coordinate activities with vendors and subcontractors.
* Review and approve all labor calls and staffing plans to ensure they are fact based and in alignment with the Implementation Plan, the show budget, and service requirements.
* Manage the labor and productivity tracking and reporting process.
* Obtain and disseminate labor-tracking reports to operational team. Make on-site plan adjustments to ensure show margins are achieved.
* Manage all operations involving Union personnel within the guidelines and spirit of the current contract.
* College degree required
* Strong organizational and communication skills
* Seven (7) to ten (10) years in an operational environment, experience which was inclusive of management/supervisory functions
* Must be detail oriented
* Familiarity with tradeshow and event industry a plus
* Labor management experience a plus
Will be required to perform and manage work on the tradeshow floor, in noisy and crowded areas as well as office setting. This includes but is not limited to operating forklifts, moving and pushing equipment, rolling carpet, etc.
Requires working with union and non-union employees.
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining GES are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
* Competitive salaries
* 401K with company match
* Healthcare/vision/dental insurance
* Wellness benefits
* Career development program
* Tuition reimbursement program
* Employee assistance program
* Vacation time
* Community involvement opportunities
* Team activities
And much more