Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
The Guest Service Agent (Full-Time) is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
* Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Highgate Hotel standards.
* Maintain proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that all hotel standards are met (if applicable).
* Answer guest inquires about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation in a timely manner.
* Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to guests and meeting rooms.
* Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
* Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
* Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
* Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions as listed in the Red Book.
* Be familiar with all in-house groups.
* Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
* Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
* Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
* Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
* Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
* Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
* Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
* Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
* Be able to complete a bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report.
* Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards.
* Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
* Maintain a clean work area.
* Assist guests with safe deposit boxes.
* College course work in related field helpful.
* Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Computer experience required.
* Customer Services experience preferred.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.