Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
The Banquet Captain (Full-Time) is responsible for supervising and assisting with the set-up, service and clean-up of all assigned banquet functions.
* Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
* Inspect the set-up of meeting and banquet functions, checking them against the Banquet Event Order.
* Supervise and assist with the set-up of assigned catered functions, ensuring that the hotel s standards are met, and advance preparation for service is adequate to allow efficient service to the guest once the function begins.
* Act as liaison between Sales/Catering Manager and the in-house meeting or banquet contact.
* Respond to guests needs in a timely manner. Communicate problems/issues to the Banquet Manager, Banquet Supervisor, or the Food & Beverage Manager.
* Assist Banquet Manager/Supervisor/F&B Manager with the creation of the Banquet Work Schedule and completion of Banquet Wage Progress Reports.
* Assist in service of functions as required.
* Requisition liquor for all banquet bars and maintain proper control over banquet beverage service.
* Supervise and assist with the break down after the completion of functions to ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored properly.
* Inspect the sanitation of all function space and storage areas to maintain the highest standard of cleanliness and organization throughout the department.
* Follow all state liquor laws.
* Be familiar with banquet menus and prices.
* Supervise banquet staff as directed by Banquet Manager/Supervisor/F&B Manager.
* Hold pre-function meetings, and check staffing and menus, prior to events.
* Assign side-work duties and stations to all servers.
* Supervise service of station or banquet room.
* Prepare banquet checks and obtain signatures from guest contacts.
* Monitor ongoing functions throughout assigned shift.
* Supervise the breakdown and cleanup of all functions assigned.
* Verify server s paperwork when event is complete.
* Prepare accurate captains reports.
* Assist Banquet Manager/Supervisor/F&B Manager with the hiring and training of banquet staff.
* Assist in set up of audio/visual, as necessary.
* Handle items for Lost and Found according to the standards.
* Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
* High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a related field preferred.
* College course work in a related field helpful
* Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.