Manager, Global Medical Affairs Operations at Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Posted in Professional Services 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Boston, MassachusettsJob Description:
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Alexion is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Req ID: 11829
Job Category: Global Medical Affairs
Location: Boston, MA
Posting Date: February 8, 2018
Attention: If you are a current Alexion employee, please apply via Alexion's internal Life & Career portal. Note that you will need to be connected to the VPN if you are applying away from the office.
Alexion does not contact candidates via instant messaging or chat tools. At no time will we ask candidates for fees associated with obtaining software, nor do we provide employees with a cashier's check to purchase new equipment. If you are contacted in this manner, please be aware that it is fraudulent, and please do not provide any information or money to these individuals. Applicants should only apply through this Alexion website. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to GSOC@alexion.com
The Manager, Global Medical Affairs (GMA), Medical Operations will support operational excellence across all therapeutic areas within GMA, including strategic planning, financial planning, and compliance related activities, as well as support other Medical Affairs functions such as Global Access to Medicine.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
The Manager, Global Medical Affairs (GMA), Medical Operations will partner with GMA Project Managers, Global Medical Leads and Medical Directors to provide operational support to all Global medical activities. This person will lead efforts to ensure U.S. medical activities are compliant with internal policies and processes as well as with federal and local regulations. Key responsibilities include, but not limited to,
- Execute tactical deliverables from the Global Medical Strategic Plan (e.g., Ad-boards, Symposias and evidence generation activities)
- Engage with external vendor stakeholders as it relates to GMA activities
- Support high-level, cross-functional teams across international locations
- Support GMA Project Managers in daily Medical Operations management and ongoing project management
- Provide operational support to key medical activities related to HCP engagement such as advisory boards, medical roundtables, and scientific exchange visits
- Support Global Medical Affairs leadership team in annual budget planning, forecasting, tracking, and resource prioritization
- Bachelor's degree
- P&L management and financial acumen
- Self starter with strong problem solving skills and operational experience
- Acts independently with good judgement, when needed
- Flexibility, the ability to adapt to changing project scope and direction
- Strong influencing skills and demonstrated ability to create and lead successful cross-functional teams in changing, competitive environments
- Strong interpersonal skills; fluent and able to influence others in spoken and written English
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Mastery of Microsoft Project, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Adaptability and willingness to embrace change
- Life sciences degree
- 3+ years' in the pharmaceutical industry strongly preferred
Boston, MA, United States
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a multinational biopharmaceutical company with approximately 2,500 dedicated employees serving patients in more than 50 countries through the innovation, development, and commercialization of life-changing therapies.