Roadway Design Engineer at Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc.
Posted in Other 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Orlando, Florida
VHB s growing Orlando, FL team is looking for a Junior Roadway Design Engineer to join our Transportation group.
VHB s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Work within a team of professionals to support our roadway design and planning projects
- Design transportation improvements for roadway, intersection, and interchange design; analyze/evaluate traffic improvements; support traffic/safety studies; support land use planning and urban design studies
Skills and Abilities
- Strong civil engineering background
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excel in working in a team environment
- 0+ years of transportation experience
- Bachelor s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Experience with Microstation and/or AutoCAD is preferred
At VHB, we re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. You can review our EEO Policy at https://www.vhb.com/Pages/Careers/2016_EEOPolicyStatement.pdf and an overview of the law at https://www.vhb.com/Pages/Careers/EEO_istheLaw_Poster-Supplement.pdf