Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Orlando, Florida
Mac Papers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet
About the Organization
At Mac Papers, our employees set us apart. We have built our reputation on having bright, collaborative, honest and authentic people. They are key to who we are and how well we perform. If you're the best at what you do, we want you.
We believe taking care of our employees is essential to our growth. Mac Papers offers the following advantages and benefits to our employees:
* Hourly pay, overtime after 40 hours, and direct deposit
* Paid time off and 8 annual paid holidays
* Bereavement leave
* Health, dental and vision insurance
* Health Savings Account
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Life and disability insurance plans
* 401(k) retirement plan
* Voluntary supplemental benefits
* Bonus program
With a distribution network including 23 locations and 15 retail stores across nine states, Mac Papers is one of the largest merchant distributors in the Southeast. Mac Papers takes pride in being a family-owned and -operated business that has built a longstanding tradition of stability, integrity, innovation and solutions to growing our company.
Mac Papers - Orlando, FL
The responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to:
Read and understand work orders as well as verbal instruction for assignment
Select merchandise for shipment and stack on load pallets using an order selector or fork lift
Move paper and other items from receiving or warehouse locations to shipping or other designated areas
Stage pallets for loading at proper dock locations
Loading and unloading pallets that contain full cartons as well as broken lots
Stretch-wrap product for safe transportation
Mark all packages with proper identifying information
Meet weekly standards for productivity and accuracy while working in a safe manner. This requires working at a constant
pace for an entire shift in a fast paced environment
Perform general cleaning/maintenance duties
Daily inspections of warehouse equipment
Follow Mac Papers preferred work methods at all times
Ability to work a night shift and weekend work if required.
Immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe working conditions
* At least 2 years warehouse experience preferred * Ability to read, write and interpret documents * Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals * Ability to regularly use hands to handle and feel materials; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. * Frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl * Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance * Must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds * Available to work Monday through Friday
Physical Demands: * Regularly required to walk and stand continuously for long periods of time * Talk or hear, both in person and by telephone * Reach with hands and arms * Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. * ability to work with hand and power tools * Lift up to 50 lbs.
Mental Demands: * Regularly required to use written and oral communication skills * Will interact regularly with managers and staff regarding building issues * Must be able to work independently with little supervision
Work Environment * Employee works primarily in an warehouse environment
Number of Openings
Mac Papers Inc
This position is currently accepting applications.