Associate Systems Operations Intern at Spectrum
Posted in Other 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greenwood Village, Colorado
ASSOCIATE SYSTEMS OPERATIONS INTERN
Apply Now DATE POSTED 02/08/2018 Requisition Number: 212588BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations Position Type: Intern THE NET OPS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Network Operations 2018 Summer Internship Program is now open to ambitious and committed graduate studies looking to gain hands on technical experience and professional experience in a learning environment. This internship will give student the advantage of accessing our online learning platforms and mentorship program to grow their skills exponentially while working directly with respected industry leaders. Network Operations (NetOps) is dedicated to the quality, reliability and integrity of the network systems that allow us to serve our customers. Here you will be working with bright minds that are the power behind the services that Charter provides.
The program is 10 weeks in length and runs from June 2018 to August 2018.
As a member of the Data Center Operations & Provisioning team, the intern will work on assignments that will span one or more of the following areas:
* Process/Repair Analysis
* Process/Repair Documentation
* Process/Repair Ticket Work and Resolution
* Process/Repair Ticket Escalation and Tracking to Resolution
* Support Center metric gathering and analysis automation
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Responsible for Evaluating the manual activities associated with operational process measurements; and Automating selected processes:
* Assist in determining data sources and extraction methods
* Evaluates data aggregation and rendering methods
* Designs automation methods to
* Improve extraction accuracy
* Improve rendering efficiency
* Increase relevancy of results
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Network Management or related field
* Currently enrolled and completing the first year in a Master s Degree program at an accredited University
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current Graduate program
* Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel applications
* Basic Linux Experience
* Data extraction and rendering experience
* Basic proficiency with perl, python, java, or similar programming or scripting language
* Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
* Must have very strong written and verbal communication skills and should have good presentation skills.
* Ability to show judgment and initiative to accomplish job dutiesExcellent analytical skills
* Must be a problem solver, able to balance competing priorities, have a strong process orientation and be able to manage through complexity and rapid change
* Office environment
* No travel required
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances. FCC Unit: 13541 - Mountain States Business Unit: Network Operations Apply Now Apply Later