2018 Summer Corporate Intern Network Testing Engineer at Spectrum
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greenwood Village, Colorado
2018 SUMMER CORPORATE INTERN NETWORK TESTING ENGINEER
Apply Now DATE POSTED 02/07/2018 Requisition Number: 212545BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Internship/Trainee, Other, Telecommunications Position Type: Intern The 2018 Summer Corporate Intern Program is open for dedicated and hardworking students. The goal of the Spectrum Corporate Intern Program is to provide current students with exposure to a real-life business setting, while giving them the opportunity to learn about our industry. Spectrum provides an atmosphere that is intended to broaden an entry level candidate s professional understanding while promoting self-confidence, accomplishment, and career development.
The program is 10 weeks in length and will run from May 29, 2018 through August 3, 2018.
Summary of Projects:
* Develop, execute and validate test cases to certify Wireless Core network systems
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Completing a summer project assigned by respective department and/or functional area
* Working with fellow interns on a cross-functional group project
* Attending internship development activities as scheduled
* Ability to commit to a full time work schedule (40 hours/week) for the length of the program
* Ability to travel to Spectrum Intern development events/activities
* Performing other duties as assigned
Skills required for position:
* Looking for a strong candidate, who is interested in learning Wireless communication technologies in enterprise WiFi networks.
* Good knowledge in IPv4 and IPv6 networks and hands on experience in configuring routers and switches. Cisco or Juniper certification is preferred.
Skills required for program:
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor s or Master s degree from an accredited four year college or university
* Rising Junior (current sophomore) and above
* Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA required
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Access)
* Relevant internship is a plus, as is experience in a leadership position at work or within a campus organization
* Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
* Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong passion demonstrated via energy levels, enthusiasm, creativity and commitment
* Understanding of the telecommunications industry is desired
* Must practice good judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
Rising Junior or higher with a minimum GPA of 3.0 preferably with a major in one of the functional areas listed below:
* Computer Engineering, Computer Science
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances. FCC Unit: 13541 - Mountain States Business Unit: Corporate Apply Now Apply Later