Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greenwood Village, Colorado
OPTICAL TRANSPORT INTERN
Apply Now DATE POSTED 02/08/2018 Requisition Number: 212639BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations Position Type: Intern THE NET OPS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Network Operations 2018 Summer Internship Program is now open to ambitious and committed graduate studies looking to gain hands on technical experience and professional experience in a learning environment. This internship will give student the advantage of accessing our online learning platforms and mentorship program to grow their skills exponentially while working directly with respected industry leaders.
Network Operations (NetOps) is dedicated to the quality, reliability and integrity of the network systems that allow us to serve our customers. Here you will be working with bright minds that are the power behind the services that Charter provides.
The program is 10 weeks in length and runs from June 2018 to August 2018.
As a member of the Core Optical Team, the intern will provide integral support for designing, deploying, managing, and ensuring stability of the local/wide area network infrastructure technologies to provide high availability, fault tolerance, and scalability.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
* Uses Data Analysis Modeling to forecast, evaluate new product impact and capacity and track network problem resolution.
* Assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems basic to moderate complexity
* Participates in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
* Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
* Supports approved network architecture and designs.
* Provides tier support across organizations, including on-call support.
* Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Network Management or related field
* Currently enrolled and completing the first year in a Master s Degree program at an accredited University
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current Graduate program
* Some experience in Data Networks would be an added advantage
* Basic experience in LAN, WAN and telecommunications equipment or optical networking would be an added advantage
* Basic knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Single mode Fiber, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
* General knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols, network topology, TCP/IP, network designing software (Visio) and the OSI Model
* Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
* Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
* Aptitude to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly, and work in a team environment
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Access)
* Fiber optic systems (DWDM, SONET, ROADM) and fiber optic characteristics
* OSI layers from application to physical, knowledge of BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, PIM, MPLS, and RIP
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances. FCC Unit: 13541 - Mountain States Business Unit: Network Operations Apply Now Apply Later